This video shows the “ABC’s” of how to perform CPR on a pet. Learning what to do before it happens can make the difference between life and death.
Always keep the following in mind:
- Know how to rapidly find your pet’s pulse in advance.
- Know your ABCs: Airway; Breathing; Compression.
- Get a friend to drive you to the vet if possible.
- Stay calm and focused. Panic detracts from what you need to do.
- Even the best help is sometimes not enough. If you did everything right and it was not enough, know that you did all you could.
The only way to properly do this in a heated moment is to be prepared. Know how to locate your pet’s heart in advance, you can do this right now while everyone is calm. Your pet will simply think you’re petting them!